Job Title : Community Relations Representative (Northern Region)
Company Name : First Nations Health Authority (FNHA)
Job Location : Vancouver, BC, CA
How To Apply: http://post.talemetry.com/respond.cfm?posting=1000290963&bid=4091
Are you a relationship builder who works effectively at collaborating with diverse groups and organizations using exceptional communication skills? Are you passionate about providing Health Benefits to First Nations communities and are committed to a proactive holistic approach to health and wellness?
The Community Relations Representative is responsible for directly implementing the engagement communication plans to First Nations communities on behalf of the Health Benefits team. You will liaise between Health Benefits and community members by proactively identifying recommendations for joint solutions that will be beneficial to all stakeholders.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Communicates Health Benefits plans and services to community members by being well educated and informed of the plan.
2. Supports a regional Health Benefits community engagement strategy involving all communities in the area.
3. Facilitates proactive engagement with community members at formal and informal gatherings.
4. Develops trusted relationships with community engagement coordinators to ensure a common understanding of Health Benefits related objectives throughout the organization. This includes regular communications through email, meetings and attending events and workshops.
5. Ensures a two-way dialogue between Health Benefits and community members, by being a key contact to listen to the concerns of regional community members and provides recommendations to achieve better health and wellness outcomes which are in line with Health Benefits engagement strategy.
6. Facilitates client engagement surveys and focus groups to gather feedback.
7. Consolidates and analyzes engagement feedback/information to provide regionalized recommendations to the Community Relations Manager.
8. Supports the implementation of solutions by being a change champion to facilitate acceptance and understanding of Health Benefits initiatives.
9. Identifies communication opportunities and develops material in collaboration with the Health Benefits, Regional Team and the Communications & Public Relations team.
10. Deliver communications to the communities through events, presentations, information booths, and webinars.
11. Perform other related duties as required.
* Community Relations Representatives are co-located in the regions with Regional Teams and communities.
* The work requires unplanned overtime and attendance at meetings after hours.
* The work requires extensive travel throughout the region and province.
* Travel extensively throughout the region (and province) to attend events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* A university degree with specialization in Health Sciences, Education or Social Services or a related field, or an acceptable combination of education, training and professional experience.
* Relevant, recent and significant experience in the provision of coordination support to First Nation communities (usually acquired over a 3-5 year period).
* Experience working with BC First Nations/Aboriginal people at a community and/or political level including in the area of community engagement and community/organizational development.
* Experience working with First Nations leadership and communities.
* Experience in developing and delivering presentations.
* Experience in research, writing, and note taking.
* Experience in analysis, writing reports, and providing recommendations.
* Experience in facilitating community engagement or consultative processes.
* Experience with issues management and escalation.
* A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
Application Deadline: Open until filled