Job Title : Policy Analyst
Company Name : First Nations Health Authority (FNHA)
Job Location : Vancouver, BC, CA
How To Apply: http://post.talemetry.com/respond.cfm?posting=1000290826&bid=4091
If you are passionate about using health policy to improve health outcomes of First Nations people across the province, this may be the opportunity for you! You enjoy working as part of a team and are able to deliver individual results. You thrive in an environment which allows you to make a high impact towards the health and wellness of BC First Nations.
In this role, you will undertake strategy, policy, evaluation, and research functions associated with Health Benefits. You will work with the project team to conduct research and analysis and prepares briefings, reports, publications, strategies, discussion papers, summaries and other documents to support Health Benefits policy and planning.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Reviews and revises current policy and guidelines for each benefit area based on senior management direction.
* Conducts research and analysis and prepares briefings, reports, publications, strategies, discussion papers, summaries and other documents to support Health Benefits policy and planning.
* Prepares or oversees the preparation of presentations, including making presentations as required.
* Develops, recommends and implements new initiatives, policy and/or research projects under direction of the Manager.
* Coordinates activities and information flow related to the initiatives/projects developed.
* Maintains effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Develops, recommends and implements processes to ensure congruency with FNHA Policy, Planning and Strategic Services and other FNHA departments under direction of the Manager.
* Participates on internal and/or external committees as required.
* Attends, summarizes and take notes for meetings and propose follow-up, including briefing senior management and others as needed.
* Provides status, verbal or written reports at frequencies determined by management and in the format requested.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* A University degree or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
* Recent, relevant and significant experience in research, analysis, policy development and report preparation related to the Health or Social Services sector (Significant usually defined as 3-5 years of experience, and recent usually defined as experience acquired in the last 3-7 years).
* Experience working with First Nations leadership and communities.
* Experience in policy development and analysis (ideally in the health sector or with First Nations issues and priorities).
* Experience in research, writing, and note-taking.
* Experience in community engagement or consultative processes.
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: Open until filled.