Job Title : Maintenance Supervisor
Company Name : Crystal Lodge & Suites
How To Apply: Interested applicants can submit their resume and cover letter to skeenan-naf@Crystal-Lodge.com or by mail to our business address: 4154 Village Green, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada, V8E 1H1.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those offered an interview will be contacted. Please no drop ins or phone calls.
Crystal Lodge & Suites are looking to recruit a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team. This is a permanent, year-round, full-time position (40 hours per week) located at our hotel in Whistler, British Columbia. The successful applicant will be paid $22.50/hour. Benefits include extended medical, dental, life insurance and ski pass benefits. English is the primary language of work.
- Assist in guiding, directing, organizing and development of an engaged Maintenance team;
- Ensure well maintained guest rooms and public areas, by identifying and reporting deficiencies and opportunities;
- Perform routine inspections of the property, all machinery and equipment;
- Ensure all processes, spaces and employees adhere to the Crystal Lodge Joint Health & Safety guidelines;
- Be proficient with all health and safety policies and procedures of the Crystal Lodge and ensuring these are trained to all new employees;
- Assist in facilitating all Emergency Response and Safety Training for all hotel associates;
- Closely monitor and adhere to all budgets set out for the department and projects;
- Assist the Maintenance Manager with administrative duties associated with people management (payroll, performance reviews etc.);
- Contribute to the success for the hotel as a whole by communicating with other departments and always maintaining a position of a natural leader, even with other departments;
- Build strong relationships with outside vendors and liaise with them to arrange additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations or replacement of furnishings and equipment as required;
- Assist manager to ensure a safe and well-maintained physical plant and product to exceed guest expectations.
- Assists in ensuring hotel compliance with all municipal, provincial, and federal regulations relating to operational functions, fire and safety programs
- Provide facilities management through ensuring furniture, fixtures, equipment and the front office areas are well maintained and clean portraying the quality of our product.
- Be knowledgeable of and stay current with industry trends (e.g. form, function and aesthetics of the guest room) and our competitors.
- Ensure the maintenance team understands the correlation between service excellence and guest perception of the hotel, and mentor and train all members of the team towards service excellence and the creation of wow factors;
- Provide a "Hands on" and "Lead by example" approach with day to day maintenance duties and/or projects as required;
- Take an active role in the hotel’s Joint Health & Safety Committee;
- Oversee and coordinate the preventative maintenance program for guest rooms;
- Monitor and assist with keeping levels of par stock at appropriate levels;
- Assist in leading many of the Capital and major projects at the hotel;
- Oversee the Management department in absence of the Maintenance Manager
- Be available for emergency call outs outside of regular work hour;
- Other responsibilities as directed by Maintenance Manager or General Manager.
- At least one year of hotel maintenance (or equivalent) experience;
- Physical ability to regularly lift weight over 22lbs, walk, stand, bend, reach, push, pull and enter confined spaces;
- Ability and willingness to work day, evening and weekend shifts;
- Valid B.C. driver's license; and
- Some hotel maintenance (or equivalent) supervisory experience is required.