Little Owl Academy is looking for a permanent full time Early Childhood Educator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Curriculum Development, which involves planning and implementing activities that will meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs of the children in the program
- Ensure activities are culturally appropriate and linked with curriculum goals
- Ensure all equipment and facility are clean, well-maintained, and safe at all times
- Be familiar with emergency procedures as well as licensing regulations
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Closely follow licensing regulations, ensuring that the care and hygiene of the Centre follows stipulated standards
- Supervise children, ensuring that their safety is prioritized at all times
- Establish positive relationships with children and families, by building meaningful relationships and maintaining open communication on a daily basis.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings, actively contributing new ideas to improve the quality of the program.
- Work as part of a team, helping co-workers when needed to ensure that the daily schedule is followed and flows smoothly
Education, skills and experience required:
- Completion of a college program in early childhood education is required
- Licensing by a provincial association for early childhood educators (ECE) is required
- Some experience in child care or related field
- Willing to submit a Criminal Records Check
Language: Oral and written English skills required
Compensation: $18.00/hour, 40 hours/week, 4% vacation pay
Work Location: 204 - 5315 Main Street, Kelowna BC V1W 4V3
© 2002 - 2019, Aboriginal Community Career Employment Services Society. All Rights Reserved.
|SITE BY NEWDESIGNNOW|