A key member of our XTO Energy Canada – Kaybob Whitecourt area, you will provide support to the operations team, ensuring that gas is produced in an efficient and cost-effective manner which facilitates safety, health, environmental, regulatory compliance and business stewardship. Your primary responsibility will be to maintain electrical equipment to government and company standards. You will also manage computerized equipment, maintenance records and data. Qualified candidates must have the ability to work a rotational 8 days ON/6 days OFF shift and will be required to work overtime.
- Perform checks and repairs on plant/field electrical equipment, i.e. motors, motor starters, circuit breakers, relays and electrical distribution system
- Work with medium voltage up to 4160V systems and ensure proper arc flash procedures are followed
- Perform skilled instrumentation and electrical technician duties involving troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing plant electrical systems
- Perform diagnostic on plant/field PLC based control systems and perform basic repairs
- Insure that all electrical plant/field maintenance work is performed in a safe manner and in accordance with the PSM/safety procedures
- Work with other trades staff on equipment repairs
- Work with a preventive and corrective environment using a computer based maintenance program
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) is a minimum requirement
- Journeyman electrical interprovincial certificate
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Minimum of eight years of experience as an instrumentation and electrical technician
- Experience in instrumentation and electrical maintenance in the oil and gas industry is an asset
- Previous training and experience with medium voltage and arc flash certification is an asset
- Dual trade with instrumentation will be considered
Start date: Q1, 2019
Location: Whitecourt, Alberta
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial/ExxonMobil and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial/ExxonMobil is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with XTO Energy Canada/ Imperial Oil a subsidiary of Exxonmobil.
Who we are
XTO Energy Inc., a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation, is a leading natural gas and oil producer with expertise in developing unconventional oil and gas resources throughout North America. We are committed to ensuring gas is produced in an efficient and cost-effective manner which facilitates safety, health, environmental, and regulatory compliance and business stewardship.
- Successful candidates would be employed by Imperial Oil Limited and seconded to XTO Energy Canada.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit. Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: January 4, 2019
XTO Energy Canada and Imperial Oil Limited are committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. In certain situations, your application may be used to consider your suitability for other possible opportunities in the company and its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation