Job Title : General Services Clerk
Company Name : First Nations Health Authority
Job Location : Vancouver, BC, CA
How To Apply: http://post.talemetry.com/respond.cfm?posting=1000285058&bid=4091
If you are interested in joining an exciting role that addresses varied and complex clerical duties and administrative activities, then come join our Interior Regions Team!As the General Services Clerk, you will provide administrative, financial and program support services. Your duties will include providing administrative support to managers, arranging workshops, committee meeting; travel arrangements update and maintaining project files.
This role works in close partnership with Environmental Health Officers and Environmental Health Technicians in the Regions. This position reports to the Regional Manager, EPHS Interior Region.
1. Possesses basic knowledge of First Nations communities and issues.
2. Provide clerical and administrative support including preparing and processing a variety of correspondence, proofreading documents, screening mail and telephone queries, organizing and maintaining current files and a BF system, distributing information, making travel arrangements and maintaining inventory systems (e.g. training programs, physical assets, minor capital acquisitions, suppliers, etc.).
3. Uses a variety of software including electronic mail, graphics and spread sheet and departmental information systems to produce and distribute correspondence or information, to set up address lists, prepare overhead or computer presentations, to input financial data and to maintain records and databases.
4. Arranges workshops, conferences, and committee meetings, ensuring documentation and materials are available, and attending to assist or take minutes as required.
5. Preliminary review of ongoing program submissions and financial and service reports to ensure completeness and inclusion of required evidence of adherence to program and accountability criteria; follows up with First Nations community or Program Officer to submit missing information or forwards difficult cases to Manager for follow up.
6. Takes minutes of meetings, summarizes information, highlights decisions and commitments and distributes the record of minutes to participants.
7. Makes travel arrangements, clarifies travel expense entitlements, and completes documentation and forwards travel expense claims and invoices to financial staff. Staff uses the information to make travel arrangements to complete expense claims.
8. Compiles and maintains address lists, telephone lists and distribution contact lists for contacts in provincial and federal ministries, health professional organizations, committee and working group members and other stakeholders.
9. Updates and maintains subject and project files. Maintains record of deadlines and follows up with individuals to ensure deadlines are met.
10. Maintains store-room, maintains and inventory and orders office supplies, receives and verifies receipt of goods and ships to health facilities as required, liaises with landlord/building manager to report deficiencies and obtain assistance.
Education, Training and Experience:
* Grade 12, plus completion of a program of up to one (1) year in secretarial training, business or office administration.
Training and Experience
* Three (3) years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: December 17, 2018 @ 4:00pm