Spice Magic Indian Restaurant is looking for one Permanent, Full time Cook who could join with us immediately. The details are given below.
Work Location: 413 Main Street, Penticton BC, Canada V2A 5C4
Position Available: 1
Hours per week: 30 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Benefits: Two Week paid vacation
Job duties and Responsibilities (NOC 6322):
- Prepare and cook complete meals, according to recipes and company standards.
- Observes and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Follow recipes and cooking procedures to ensure quality products are served
- Supervise the kitchens helpers and schedule their work shifts.
- Weighs, measures and mix ingredients according to company recipes and using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Follow proper food safety and sanitation procedures
- Estimate expected food consumption; procure food from storage or suppliers.
- At least 1-2 years of related cooking experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Completion of Secondary School
- A Diploma or Certificate in culinary discipline would be an asset.