Job Title : Occupational Health Nurse
Company Name : First Nations Health Authority
Job Location : Vancouver, BC, CA
How To Apply: http://post.talemetry.com/respond.cfm?posting=1000284555&bid=4091
You are a self-motivated and detail driven individual with a strong passion for healthcare! You thrive in a team environment where you can problem-solve and demonstrate initiative. You possess occupational health nursing expertise to develop, implement, maintain and evaluate to lead an OHN program.
In this role, you will provide a senior level of specialized expertise for Occupational Health programs that addresses biological hazards for at risk employee groups within FNHA. These programs include health assessments, monitoring, surveillance, and health teaching components in accordance with WCB legislation, PHAC, and BCCDC recommendations. You will also develop linkages with site personnel to foster good working relationships in order to facilitate information gathering in an outbreak management or exposure occurrence. You will consult with all levels of personnel, and provide guidance for safety in practice based on the interpretation and knowledge of occupational health risk factors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Leads in the design, development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of the FNHA Occupational Health Nursing program by providing occupational health nursing content expertise.
* Leads in developing, implementing and/or updating FNHA occupational health policies and procedures specific to infectious disease to maintain a safe and healthy work environment based on current research and/or recommendations of federal and provincial authorities and advises managers on implementation of the policy/procedure in their area.
* Oversees occupational health infectious disease prevention and management programs for FNHA staff (including front line health care staff), soliciting site management support and staff participation, through marketing, coaching staff, providing education, and conducting evaluation in collaboration with Nursing, Health Protection, Office of the CMO (e.g. annual influenza immunization campaign, Blood & Body Fluid program, TB surveillance program, Baseline Health Information program, TB and communicable disease management).
* Establishes and implements a system and process of maintaining a confidential health record for employees as per FNHA policy and Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). Ensures all employees’ confidential health records are locked and accessed only by the OHN(s) directly providing OH&S services to FNHA staff.
* Enhance FNHA’s Occupational Health Program through improvements to clinical practice based on statistical analysis of health records.
* Conducts FNHA staff immunization clinics and TB screening (immunization administration and screening as per Provincial Guidelines) on location in the Vancouver OHN office. On occasion, travel to community may be required to provide this service.
* Provides ongoing follow up and support to FNHA employees for biological exposures providing necessary counseling and coordination of follow up surveillance protocols (e.g. TB, Blood & Body Fluid, and infectious disease exposures).
* Develops and implements communication strategies and engagement opportunities to enhance awareness and promote knowledge of and participation in occupational health and wellness programs.
* Identifies risk management issues relative to occupational health (e.g. exposure to BBF, pandemic, and other communicable diseases, workplace hazards) making strategic recommendations to mitigate risks to the senior management team.
* Develops and implements FNHA employee health surveillance and screening programs to comply with regulatory and contractual agreements such as TB, Meningitis, and Hepatitis B and C immunization. Recommends appropriate corrective action to maintain compliance with regulatory standards and FNHA policy.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduation with a Nursing degree from a recognized university.
* Current registration as a registered nurse in the province or territory of employment and a member in good standing in that province or territory of work*.
* Willingness and eligibility to become registered at the time of appointment in British Columbia with BCCNP.
* Current certification with Canadian Occupational Health Nurses Certification COHN(C).
* A minimum of six years of experience in the direct provision of occupational health nursing services in the health care sector or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: Open until filled