Job Title : Dental Therapist
Company Name : First Nations Health Authority
Job Location : Vancouver, BC, CA
How To Apply: http://post.talemetry.com/respond.cfm?posting=1000284549&bid=4091
You are a self-motivated and detail driven individual with a strong passion for healthcare. You are seeking a role in which you will work with each community to reduce access to dental care barriers faced by First Nations individuals in BC. This exciting opportunity is open to applicants across BC as it will involve supporting multiple communities throughout the central northern region and will require travel to provide support to those communities.
In this role you will provide preventative and treatment focused professional services, as well as administer the upstream-focused Children’s Oral Health Initiative in a number of well-established dental therapy programs in First Nations community dental clinics. You will help shape the program from a medical model toward an upstream wellness based approach to care.
* Provides and implements a comprehensive oral health care services program for First Nations communities by traveling to communities, as required.
* Provides a wide range of dental treatment services, including examinations, x-rays, oral diagnosis, local anaesthetic, restorations such as fillings, uncomplicated extractions, stainless steel crowns, vital pulpotomies, periodontal services such as scaling and dental prophylaxis, preventive treatments, and other basic clinical dental treatments which fall within the Dental Therapist’s scope of practice.
* Develops, implements, and evaluates an active preventive oral health education and promotion program in First Nations communities to promote dental health.
* Provides dental screenings and other duties to address client oral health needs in First Nations communities as required.
* Carries out treatment prescribed by a dentist holding a current license to practice in British Columbia.
* Develops and maintains client dental and/or medical histories, dental assessments, dental charts, program files and/or records, referral records, and equipment and supply inventory.
* Produces, compiles, and analyzes statistical reports and technical data to support program evaluation and communicate to other health professionals.
* Identifies and documents oral health conditions requiring referral to appropriate dental and/or medical professionals.
* Promotes fluoride related public health programs within communities.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Completion of a recognized Dental Therapy training program.
* Licensure as a Dental Therapist with the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia (CDSBC)
* Possess a valid unrestricted driving license for automobiles (Class 5)
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: Open until filled.