Company Name: Tandoori Grill on Hill Inc. DBA Tandoori Grill
Company address and Job Location: Unit 201-4368 Main St. Whistler, BC V0N 1B4
Job Title: Tandoori Naan Maker
NOC Code: 6242/6322
Term of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent
Wage: $18.50 / hour (40 hours per week)
Work Experience: 1 to 2 years’ experience
Education: High School
Work Condition: Day, Evening, Weekends
Work Setting: Restaurant
Food Preparation Specialization: Tandoori Kitchen (butter naan, garlic naan, plan naan, stuffed naan, etc).
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
Cuisines Specialties: East Indian
- Prepare and cook ethnic Tandoori Naan, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian, in timely standards.
- Prepare butter naan, garlic naan, plain naan.
- Prepare stuffed naan like stuffed chicken naan, stuffed lamb naan, stuffed vegetable naan etc.
- Prepare dough for all kind of naans.
- Ensure quality of food and determine size of food proportions.
- Train staff I preparation, cooking and handling of food, supervise kitchen staff and helpers.
- Ensure to check the freshness and quality of ingredients to prevent contamination and food-related illness.
- Tandoori naan maker involved in food handling must observe safety and sanitation procedures.
- Prepare special dishes for those who have allergies, intolerances and or instructed by dietitian.
- Completion of High School is required
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of work experience as a Tandoori Naan Maker.
- Ability to plan and organize multiple job tasks.
- Must have basic understanding of units of measure for following recipes.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to move up to 30 pounds.
- Able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate well in English.
Team Player, flexibility, reliability, organized
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Fast paced environment, handling heavy loads, Work under pressure, Repetitive Tasks, standing for extended periods, physical Demanding, flexible, team player, reliable, good judgement, organized.
Youth, visible minorities, indigenous people, veterans of Canadian Armed force, First Nation, Aboriginals and newcomers to Canada with the above listed skills are welcome to apply.