Position: Early Childhood Educator
Working Hours: 30 to 40 hrs per week, 6 to 8 hours per day
Wage: $17.1 per hour
Benefits: Dental insurance, extended medical insurance
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Address: 22935 Fraser Highway, Langley, BC V2Z 2T3
Employer: New Generation Early Learning Centre
New Generations Early Learning Center is aiming to provide quality childcare to families in the communities of Langley and Abbotsford and surrounding communities. We are looking for a full time Early Childhood Educator for our preschool program (children aged from 30 months to 5 years).
- Plan and develop programs and activities suitable for children at an age between 30 months to 5 years old.
- Design and create learning programs to meet children’s physical, intellectual, social, cultural, creative and emotional needs.
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children.
Maintain and update individual record of children handled taking note of the program’s positive and negative results.
- Develop listening, comprehensive skills using approved subjects in storytelling, role playing, games, music and art activities.
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and washroom habits.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues and community service providers working with children.
- Regularly communicate with parents and guardians regarding their children’s development needs and learning process.
- Completion of post-secondary education with at least one to two years program in Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- Current First Aid Certificate and Criminal Record Check required
- Early Childhood Educator certificate/license required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and initiative
- Problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic