Job Title : Student, Pharmacy
Company Name : First Nations Health Authority (FNHA)
Job Location : Vancouver, BC, CA
How To Apply: http://post.talemetry.com/respond.cfm?posting=1000280059&bid=4091
If you have a passion for healthcare and are dedicated to patient care, this is the perfect opportunity for you! In this role you will have the opportunity to contribute to the health and well-being of BC First Nations while gaining exposure in the healthcare industry.
The student will support work on the Health Medication Use project funded by the National Anti-Drug Abuse Strategy project. You will also advance the Health Benefits work that requires pharmacy matter expertise, such as literature searches and drug information.
* The student will support work on the Nations Anti-Drug Misuse Strategy activities and on-going work to support the issues arising related to the pharmacy benefits transition to Plan W and prescription drug safety.
* The student will complete a number of tasks that require basic knowledge of professional pharmacy practice and drug therapeutics, thus allowing the pharmacist to of focus primarily on more complex and strategic pharmacy issues for the duration of the this placement.
* Supporting Health Benefit work requires pharmacy matter expertise such as literature searches and drug information.
* Supporting the ongoing National Anti-drug Abuse Prescription Drug Abuse funded activities including contributing to the development of prescription of drug safety reporting, developing health literacy tools and activities to prevent prescription and OTC drug misuse, such as community awareness campaigns.
* Participate in updating pharmacy related documents (such as formulary for nursing stations) including summarizing recommendations and rationale for changes for nurse management and creating communications and/or educational information for field nurses.
* Participate in team meetings and discussion on pharmacy benefits and policies.
* Participate in inter-disciplinary meetings/presentations related to Prescription and OTC Drug misuse activity implementation and Prescription drug safety.
* Provide in service/drug information to nursing and/or health care staff.
Education and Experience:
* Completion of 2nd or 3rd year Pharmaceutical Sciences degree.
* Basic Knowledge of health systems and pharmacy practice, social determinants of health, and history of First Nations of BC.
* Familiarity with Microsoft office suite of tools, excellent written and oral communications skills, presentation and communication skills beneficial.
* Strong interpersonal skills; interacts with people effectively, able and willing to share and receive information; collaborates within the group and across groups.
Employee Class: Casual
Application Deadline: Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.