Job Title : Early Childhood Educator
Company Name : Surrey City Childcare Ltd
Job Location : 12250 100th Ave, Surrey, B.C. V3V 2Z1
How To Apply: All qualified candidates are welcomed to apply with a cover letter and resume by e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line of: Full-Time Early Childhood Educator at Surrey City Childcare Ltd. Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Inquiries: e-mail only please.
Surrey City Childcare Ltd is committed to honouring and respecting the diverse Aboriginal cultures, identities and knowledge of our community and the diverse communities that we live in. We welcome and encourage applications from visible minorities group members, women, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
All qualified candidates with legal authorization to work in Canada are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Job title: Early Childhood Educator
Employer Name: Surrey City Childcare Ltd
Work location: 12250 100th Ave, Surrey, B.C. V3V 2Z1
Position available: 1
Wage: $17.25 - $18.00
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Terms pf employment: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Benefit: 2 weeks paid vacation
Surrey City Childcare provides a safe, age and developmentally appropriate environment and curriculum for children. We make sure that our children are nurtured with love and care, while stimulating them to learn and grow. We prepare activities that will help them enhance their physical, social, emotional and cognitive development. Our main goal is to support and respect each child to be life-long learners.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Plan and prepare materials and activities suitable for children on a daily basis
- Collaborate with other teachers or administrators to develop, evaluate, or revise daily programs;
- Confer with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers, or other professionals to develop individual education plans (IEPs);
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health;
- Prepare reports on children and activities as required
- Assist and developing and implementing an emergent, culturally sensitive curriculum that provides daily activities that support and promote the development of children;
- Organize children for daily activities, including outdoor activities and field trips;
- Assist and guide children in proper eating, dressing and toilet habits.
- Completion of a two- to four-year college program in early childhood education is required or A bachelor’s degree in child development is required.
- ECE license is required.
- Ability to communicate in English is required
- Honour the ECEBC code of ethics.
- Criminal record check clearance.
- Medical Clearance
- Previous experience in ECE is an asset (not mandatory)