We are looking for an energetic, creative and detail-oriented individual to join our Communications team. In this position, the Communications Coordinator will be responsible for developing and coordinating a broad range of communications services including research, writing and material development.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to be a key contributor and leader as part of an evolving and unique ‘first of its kind’ health services organization, and have the skills and qualifications for this role, we encourage you to apply!
Assists with administration of internal/external communications projects and services:
* Develops a variety of communications materials including news releases, articles, editorials, publications and other written communications products at a high standard of excellence.
* Implementation of approved communication programs and strategic plans, and helps assemble necessary resources.
* Supports and participates in emergency/crisis communication activities.
* Prepares briefing materials, fact sheets, etc.
Researches, coordinates and prepares information materials:
* Assists with writing, editing, proofreading, designing, producing and distributing written products/web materials.
* Drafts speeches, briefing notes, and media articles for review and edit by senior staff.
Coordinates other related communication services:
* Conducts media monitoring which could also include transcription.
* Copy edits a wide range of documents and collateral at a high degree of detail.
* Produces presentations including power point presentations.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Certificate or degree in a communications related field (journalism, public relations, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience working with First Nations/Aboriginal people at a community and/or political level would be an asset.
Employee Class: Temporary
Application Deadline: October 24, 2018 at 4:00pm