Job Title : Power Distribution Technician
Company Name : Imperial Oil
Job Location : Kearl Site, AB
How To Apply: https://www.imperialoil.ca/en-ca/careers/careers
Reporting to the Kearl Plant Maintenance Power Distribution Supervisor, the Power Distribution Technician will be responsible for the maintenance of a variety of facilities and equipment in a fully functional oil sands operation.
- Demonstrate the personal commitment that ‘Nobody Gets Hurt’
- Adhere to all safety, health, and environmental work site policies and procedures
- Follow all Canadian Electrical Code and M421 requirements
- Operate, maintain and repair a variety of High Voltage electrical systems including 4.16 KV, 13.8 KV, 72KV and 250 KV
- SAP notification entry as well as E-Maintenance entry requests
- Assist in the development of maintenance strategies and best practices for the Kearl Mine Operations and its facilities
- Serve as the Area Operator or Isolating Authority for the Power Distribution Department
- Scoping of isolation requirements and developing Switching Orders
- Attest permits and isolations
- Maintain records on inspections, maintenance repairs, and work completed
- Actively participate in all work related training programs and activities
- High school diploma is a minimum requirement
- Electrical Journeyperson with Interprovincial Red Seal certification along with 5 plus years of applicable experience
- Preference given to Power Systems Electrician Certification
- Experience with High Voltage Equipment (72KV, 13.8KV)
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting of VFD Drives and UPS systems
- Familiarity with Powell Medium Voltage switchgear and Overhead Power Line Distribution systems, Siemens and Asea Brown Boveri Gas Insulated Switchgear
- General Electric Multilin Relay experience
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Highly motivated and ability to work independently when required
- Strong basic computer skills
- Good team and communication skills
- Solid technical understanding of maintenance practices
- Self-motivated, high productivity and demonstrates professional work ethic and conduct
Start Date: Q4 2018
Location: Kearl Site, AB
- Imperial offers a very competitive benefits package including salary, health care and savings plan contributions.
- Imperial provides comprehensive training and supports employees in continuing their learning including a commitment to continuous professional development. Successful candidate will leverage their functional knowledge and skill to provide technical leadership and influence the development of the Kearl oil sands mining operation.
- This position will be a full time fly-in, fly-out role to Kearl site from either Calgary or Edmonton. Relocation assistance to Calgary or Edmonton is available if required. Bus transportation is also available to Kearl site from Fort McMurray at the beginning and end of each shift rotation for Fort McMurray residents.
- Kearl operations positions will typically be 11 days on and 9 days off (shift rotations start and finish with a partial day shift).
- Kearl operations will provide safe, secure and quiet accommodation near to the worksite for employees working on rotating work schedules. Facilities include a private room/washroom for each employee.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards. Our Kearl oil sands operation north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: October 21, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.