Are you passionate and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of First Nations communities in BC? Are you a team player who is dynamic and resourceful? You have the ability to provide clinical consultation to regional and community nurses in all aspects of immunization. Your willingness to adapt to situations, problem-solve, and work independently are some of your best qualities! You excel at public speaking and thrive as an adult educator.
As the Panorama Immunization Nurse Advisor, you will provide direct clinical support to Community Health Nurses (CHNs) related to the entry of Immunizations into the Panorama Public Health System. You will work collaboratively with the Panorama Nurse Specialists, CD Nurse Specialists and Immunization Nurse Advisor to provide a coordinated service to both nurses and communities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Acts as a clinical resource for CHNs regarding community immunization program concerns, individual immunization planning, cold chain break management, and response to immunization issues.
2. Provides Immunization Clinical consulting services and support to FNHA regional nurse consultants and front-line immunizing nurses, including clinical direction and support to build capacity in Immunization decision-making.
3. Establishes, coordinates and administers an ongoing Panorama Immunization reporting plan for CHNs.
4. Contributes to the development and continuous improvement of the immunization and Panorama programs and related resources.
5. Provides support to CHNs working in Communities where Panorama is not currently available by ensuring immunization records are received and accurately entered into Panorama on behalf of CHNs.
6. Establishes, trains and supports CHNs to access information required to determine accurate and timely immunization services for community members.
7. Leads in the development, modification and adaptation of tools guidelines, policies and procedures in support of Immunization nursing programs and general program delivery.
8. Supports in leading, preparing, maintaining and distributing information in support of Immunization programs, including procedure manuals, orientation packages, professional development plans, nursing education manuals, and training plans at the Regional level.
9. Prepares detailed reports to the leadership team describing program deliverables and community status.
10. Participates in program planning and research within Health Protection by participating in quality and safety initiatives, accreditation and other FNHA initiatives. Provides input into research planning and implementing research activities and assisting in review of research results.
11. Supports CHNs to produce and interpret Panorama reports including Panorama reminder-recall reports and an accurate yearly immunization coverage report.
12. Supports the Panorama Nurse Specialist in developing a training program for the Immunization module of Panorama.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor of Nursing with a community health component plus two (2) years of experience in Immunization programming and experience working with First Nations people, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification.
* Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
* Knowledge and experience using Panorama an asset.
Application Deadline: Open until filled