N.S MACHINING & FABRICATION CO. LTD
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Purchasing Managers (0113)
NOC Job Title: Purchasing Manager
12209 116 AVENUE
SURREY, British Columbia
V3V 3S1 Canada
Purchasing managers perform some or all the following duties:
• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the purchasing activities of an establishment
• Develop purchasing policies and procedures and control purchasing department budget
• Identify vendors of materials, equipment or supplies
• Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services
• Negotiate or oversee the negotiation of purchase contracts
• Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials
• Review and process claims against suppliers
• Interview, hire and oversee training of staff.
• A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics is usually required.
• Purchasing managers responsible for units purchasing specialized materials or business services may require a related degree or diploma. For example, a bachelor's degree or college diploma in engineering may be required for purchasing managers responsible for purchasing industrial products.
• The designation Supply Chain Management Professional (S.C.M.P.) or registration in the educational program of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada may be required.
• Several years of experience as a purchasing agent or officer are required.
How to Apply:
© 2002 - 2018, Aboriginal Community Career Employment Services Society. All Rights Reserved.
|SITE BY NEWDESIGNNOW|