Job Title : Hotel Cleaners
Company Name : Nita Lake Lodge
How To Apply: Interested candidates may apply by emailing their resume and cover letter to email@example.com or faxing it to 1-604-935-0481.
Nita Lake Lodge located at 2131 Lake Placid Rd, Whistler, BC, V0N 1B2, is looking for hotel cleaners. This is a full-time, permanent position. The wage offered is $16.00/hour and staff housing is available. Benefits include extended medical after 6 months, ski pass financing, bonuses, and discounts on food, beverage and the spa. The location of work is Whistler, British Columbia, and English is the primary language at this workplace.
Key job duties:
- Stripping rooms: removing linen from the beds, removing all used towels, and picking up and removing garbage and recycling from the room.
- Making beds, changing sheets, fluffing pillows and distributing clean towels and linen
- Cleaning bathrooms: scrub sinks, bath tubs, shower stalls and toilet bowls. Ensuring all surfaces are wiped and clean; replenishing amenities and toiletries as required.
- Cleaning kitchenettes: ensuring all dishes, surfaces, and appliances are cleaned and disinfected, and replenishing supplies as needed.
- Sweeping and vacuuming floors and carpets in guest rooms and common areas.
- Mopping, waxing and polishing floors as required.
- Dusting all shelves, ledges, blinds and furniture in guest rooms and common areas.
- Cleaning and disinfecting the washrooms in all common areas.
- Cleaning all the offices – dusting, vacuuming and removing the garbage and recycling.
- Reporting maintenance problems, lost and found articles, and special room problems to a supervisor.
- Taking dirty laundry to the housekeeping storage area and delivering clean laundry to the service rooms.
- Maintaining storage rooms and stocking carts and linen closets.
- Listening and responding thoughtfully to guest requests or complaints and following up with a supervisor if required.
- Taking calls and responding to guest requests for additional supplies.
- Providing information to guest about the hotel and services offered.
- Secondary School education or equivalent preferred.
- Must be willing to work shift work including days, evenings, and overnights.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Guest Services focused
- Able to work within a team
- Accountability and Dependability
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Quality focused
- Desire to learn