A strong predicator of success for a Senior PeopleSoft Developer is their ability recommend and lead as a subject matter expert. This includes providing strategic advice to management and senior executives on FNHA’s PeopleSoft Financial Management 9.2, Human Capital Management 9.2 HR, Payroll and Time & Labour system. Leading all customer requested enhancements, special projects is a critical part of this role as well as testing the new functional requirements, processes and reports. In addition, the Senior PeopleSoft Developer will oversee interfaces with internal and business partner applications, application of tax updates, data conversions and daily production issues.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Identifies and assesses current enterprise systems, and provides strategic advice to stakeholders and senior management in developing best practices for long term solutions to Corporate Information Management within FNHA.
2. Leads the development of PeopleSoft’s strategic business plan, and application development framework.
3. Direct the alignment of PeopleSoft and corporate information systems, identification of key performance indicators and high-level targets, communication and promotional strategies and processes for review and evaluation, to facilitate identification of variations from plan and necessary remedial actions.
4. Provides operational leadership and direction to PeopleSoft development team. Develops and implements an annual team business plan in line with organization’s priorities. Improves business processes through continuous improvement practices and leads change.
5. Develops effective relationships and collaborative working styles with key stakeholders, partners and the community to support FNHA’s enterprise PeopleSoft development.
6. Proactively identifies and oversees all activities and interdependencies across various systems, applications, and work streams. Architects and implements solutions to integrate various systems and PeopleSoft to achieve business needs.
7. Provides accurate effort estimates for PeopleSoft updates, system configurations, and application customization developments, articulates risks and recommends mitigation plans, and provides technical thought leadership and innovative solutions to improve system stability and performance.
8. Provides technical expert consultation to functional users, reviews functional specification to ensure business requirements are addressed, and to identify gaps and recommend solutions and alternatives to customization based on best practices.
9. Leads and implements improvements to technical design processes by assessing and reviewing current design documents, providing feedback and establishing framework, developing design standards, and engaging with Business Analysts, Project Managers, and other team members to ensure a standardized approach is developed to addresses internal operational needs.
10. Designs, develops, completes unit test, documents and delivers high quality solutions utilizing Application Engine, Integration Broker Services, Application Package, People Code, Component Interface, Approval Workflow Engine, Time and Labor Rules Engine, BI Publisher, SQR and other tools available.
11. Leveraging on business and technical experience, and knowledge of industry best practices and trends, conducts research and provides recommendations and expert advice to guide management and business partners to a feasible and efficient technical solution in HR and Financial management processes in PeopleSoft.
12. Leads operational and programming developments to enhance security and data integrity for PeopleSoft and ensures adherence to FNHA security policies and standards. Performs analysis of security settings, investigates and identifies security breaches, and alerts management of existing and potential network/system-based threats.
13. Provides technical and subject matter expertise to team, acts as a knowledgeable resource to mentor others less experienced in application development and production operations. Peer review design documentation and provides feedback and approvals. Advises and provides guidance/training for complex and critical technical issues.
14. Leads application development activities relating to Break fix and Compliance work requests, such as Tax Updates, PeopleTools Upgrades and PeopleSoft Upgrade Manager (PUM) Image Updates, and other required activities.
15. Manages and oversees project deliverables, milestones, and tasks, Keeps management informed of project status, risks and related issues. Creates and maintains project artifacts, such as Technical Design, Unit Test Scripts, Unit Test Logs, RCA for Defects etc.
16. Performs other related duties as assigned.
* 8+ years of experience in PeopleSoft PeopleTools Development with experience in PeopleSoft Financial Management and HCM (Core HR, Position Management, Benefits, Payroll for North America and Time & Labor)
* 5+ years of experience in PeopleSoft Application version 9.x/PeopleTools 8.5x
* High level of technical expertise with SQL, SQR, PS Query, BI Publisher, PeopleCode, Application Engine, Approval Workflow Engine, Time and Labor Rules, Change Assistant and Component Interface
* Experience creating technical analysis and design documentation, test plans, and test scripts
* Experience working in large scale PeopleSoft Implementation or support engagement
* Experience mentoring / or leading other development staff
* Experience interacting with all levels of management
* Proven leadership abilities including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution, facilitation of open discussions, fairness and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness
* University degree in the field of computer science or management information systems or a related discipline or equivalent relevant experience
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: October 10, 2018 at 4:00pm