Job Title : Regional Manager, Primary Care (Vancouver Coastal)
Company Name : First Nations Health Authority (FNHA)
Job Location : Vancouver, BC, CA
How To Apply: http://post.talemetry.com/respond.cfm?posting=1000270543&bid=4091
In the spirit of reconciliation, the importance of a holistic perspective of wellness is vital to the continuation and growth of health and wellness services. Regional Manager, Primary Care will be responsible for the collaborative establishment, coordination and implementation of primary care development, services, supports and initiatives with Vancouver Coastal First Nations communities. In this role you will help to further develop, implement and coordinate the Vancouver Coastal region FNHA Primary Care ++ model and integration with the Mobile Support Teams through providing support to the Joint Project Board initiatives.
This role also entails Regional representation and engagement with Primary Care Health service partners, Primary Care Networks, Regional Health Authority, First Nation Community Health Leads, and internal FNHA departments. Additionally, the position supports primary care and integrated health planning/development, navigation, monitoring, tracking and reporting along with coaching and mentoring of health and wellness staff and relevant stakeholders.
1. Provides senior level advice and expertise on best practices in in primary health care, education and program planning, development, implementation and evaluation.
2. Leads the implementation of the Joint Project Board Mobile Primary Care Project and supports integration efforts of primary care with the Mental Wellness and Addiction Mobile Support Teams.
3. Develops and fosters a learning environment that enables continuous improvements on service quality for Joint Project Board initiatives, End to End Integration, primary care, as well as mental wellness services through providing guidance and coaching.
4. Acts as an ambassador to Primary Care circles/networks in the Region by attending Divisions of Family Practice sessions, contributing expertise in education of cultural humility and safety, and by providing the necessary research or resources for target groups and teams (such as in areas Primary care development and administration integrated with mental health wellness).
5. Develops and provides detailed documentation, training and tracking tools related to the primary care activities and issues/solutions.
6. Leads and fosters the development and implementation of Primary Care ++ programs and services in urban and remote communities with varying resources and complexities.
7. Identifies connections between issues and events around complex health systems, bridging community issues and regional activities.
8. Provides strategic advisory and leadership on integrated Primary Care solutions, partnerships and processes.
9. Maps and matches appropriate health services/programs at the regional and provincial level to First Nation communities to address community health care delivery needs and gaps.
10. Interacts and manages diverse groups and individuals through change initiatives and be able to resolve issues that arise throughout the process.
11. Manages the budget for reporting areas, ensuring that all service and program expenditures are maintained within established limits.
12. Leads the achievement of targets and planned objectives for all reporting areas, monitors ongoing progress against planned objectives, and takes corrective action as necessary to ensure results are achieved.
13. Performs full people management responsibilities for the Primary Care Team, including recruitment and selection, coaching, training and development, performance management and other people management practices.
14. Undertakes the responsibility of, and commits to the personal and professional development of staff in a wellness based environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
* Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Public Health, Leadership and/or Informatics preferred
* Relevant professional development/certification in areas of process improvement, virtual health care and change management
* Eight (8) years or more related experience, including a previous leadership role, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
* Recent, relevant and significant experience (usually acquired over a period of 3-5 years) in a health care environment with a primary care or acute care planning, delivery, project management, strategic planning and community and stakeholder engagement
* Experience working with First Nations communities or organizations including political leadership
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to foster collaborative partnerships utilizing a team approach
* High level motivation with a positive attitude and high degree of flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
* Strong organizational skills and experience in Project leadership/management; ability to organize and prioritize work and balance multiple activities concurrently
* Strong computer skills and ability to work comfortably with spreadsheets, presentations, diagramming and word processing software (e.g. Microsoft excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word)
* Experience and knowledge in Regional Health Authority and First Nations Primary Care and virtual health processes, workflows, referral patterns, program delivery models and electronic medical records
* Experience in developing and/or supporting community care and clinical/ allied health care provider readiness and needs assessments
* Experience defining appropriate health service needs and mapping and matching services utilizing a combination of virtual health, community based and regional and provincial health authority services
Employee Class: Temporary
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled