Joyful Christian Child Care, located in Coquitlam, BC is looking for a Full-Time, Permanent Infant/Toddler educator.
Position: Early Childhood Educator – Infant and Toddler Teacher
Employer: Joyful Christian Child Care
Work Hours: minimum 30 hrs per week
Wage: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Benefits: 10 days paid vacation or 4% of vacation fee
Work Location: 724 Como Lake Ave. Coquitlam, BC V3K 3J2
Children’s age: Infant (3 months – 11months), Toddler (1 – 3years)
- Primary duty is to provide care for children aged 0-3 years
- Participate in toilet training and bathroom duties for the children; diapering as necessary
- Maintain a safe and clean environment, and assist in regular housekeeping duties
- Plan and develop programs and activities based on observation of individual children.
- Design and create learning programs to meet children’s physical, intellectual, social, cultural, creative and emotional needs.
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children.
- Maintain and update individual record of children handled taking note of the program’s results.
- Develop listening, comprehensive skills using approved subjects in storytelling, role playing, games, music and art activities.
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and washroom habits.
- Regularly communicate with parents and guardians regarding their children’s development needs and learning process.
- Completion of a two- to four-year college program in early childhood education (ECE) and/or relevant education, experience and training
- Infant and Toddler license to practice in BC is required
- First Aid Certificate
- Reference check
- Enthusiastic with children
- Well organized
- Strong work ethic
- Able to work all shifts in classroom with flexible shift