Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Position
Island Kids Academy is currently hiring early childhood educators at our View Royal location. We are seeking applicants with current ECE or IT certificates to practice in BC, or who are within a few months of completion (out of province ECE equivalents will also be considered). Under special circumstances, we may consider individuals who are interested in obtaining their ECEA certification and have some ability to support eligible candidates to earn their certification.
Position Title: Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
Positions Available: 1
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
Salary: $18-$21 per hour dependant on experience/education.
Benefits: 10 days paid vacation per year initially;
Staff discount on childcare at our facilities;
Options for group benefits, RRSP, sick days, BC transit Propass.
Position Type: Permanent, full time
Required Language: English
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To follow Island Kids Academy’s philosophy and guidance methods;
- To work with a team of educators to create and implement childcare activities for children between 10 months and 5 years old;
- To plan and organize activities that promote the children’s physical, mental, and social development, and ensure that it is appropriate for the age level (infant/toddler);
- To lead these activities through, for example, interactive, educational games which include physical games, telling stories, performance, singing, and art projects;
- To make sure that the children are treated with respect and that the developed programs meet their needs to develop;
- To follow and maintain the daily routines and shift schedules at our business;
- To be able to communicate daily with parents about various aspects of the care given to their children, including each child’s progress or problems they may have;
- To help teach children how to develop proper eating, social and toilet habits;
- To keep the children’s area clean, comfortable, and safe;
- To ensure the health, safety, and well-being of the children;
- To be aware of the program requirements and ratio, and be able to provide supervision to at least 4 infants or 8 preschool-aged children throughout the day.
Business Location & Information
Island Kids View Royal Ltd.
286 Island Highway, Victoria, BC, V9A 6H7
Phone: (250) 381-2929
Fax: (250) 381-2954
The successful candidate will be working at our facilities in the View Royal region of Victoria, BC, at the address listed above.
Skills & Education Requirements
- Minimum college diploma in early childhood education (ECE);
- Licence to practice in BC as an Early Childhood Educator (ECE) licence or Infant Toddler Educator;
- First Aid Certificate (valid or intent to obtain);
- Experience in Early Childhood Education an asset but not mandatory;
- Criminal Record Check will be conducted;