Are you looking for a rewarding role in which you can make a difference in the lives of others? In this role you will provide specialized expertise in the development and implementation of regional communications.
The position supports the Interior regional team and home office communications team with corporate communication and public activities including production of high quality communication products such as regional newsletters, cultural and traditional story preservation, reports, presentations, web content and other communiques. This position provides strong writing and graphic design skills to the Interior regional team.
In this role you will:
1. Research and collaborate with Interior regional team, home office communications and policy teams on designated topics, and develop, edit, and proofreads written materials, including briefing notes, executive summaries, memoranda, promotional materials, and presentations, etc.
2. Partner with Interior Nations on press release and story development in coordination with home office and regional team
3. Produce briefings and documents issues to support issues management and crisis communications.
1. Provides specialized expertise and guidance in the planning and development of communications services, initiatives and programs for the Interior Region
2. Develops and implements FNHA initiative specific communication strategies in the interior region.
3. Partners with Interior Nations on press releases and story development in coordination with home office and regional team
4. Produces briefings and documents issues to support Regional and Communications Director in issues management and crisis communications.
5. Manages contents on Interior Pages of FNHA websites by determining content strategies, developing materials, and posting information and articles in a timely manner.
6. Researches and collaborates with Interior regional team, home office communications and policy teams on designated topics, and develop, edit, and proofreads written materials, including briefing notes, executive summaries, memoranda, promotional materials, and presentations, etc.
7. Participates in monthly FNHA Communications and Public Affairs community of practice team meetings.
8. Makes recommendations to improve internal and external communications programs and services.
9. Protects the FNHA brand through compliance and quality control for all print and online communications products in accordance with brand standards.
10. Carries out all functions in accordance with FNHA communications policy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* University Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing, plus 4 to 6 years of Communications or Public Relations experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Proven track record for executing high quality communication plans and materials
* Experience in research, document development, policy writing and analysis (usually acquired over a period of 4-6 years)
* Experience working with First Nations communities or organizations including political leadership
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: August 22, 2018 at 4:00pm