Job Title : Framer Carpenter
Company Name : S&S Framing Inc.
How To Apply: By email:
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
NOC Group: Carpenters (7271)
NOC Job Title: Carpenter, Framing
9127 146 Street
Surrey, British Columbia
V3R 7N3 Canada
Number of Hours: 35 hours per week, over time to start after 40 a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Study blueprints and diagrams to determine dimensions of structure or form to be constructed.
- Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay work.
- Cut or saw boards, timber, or plywood to required size, using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machines.
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails or screws.
- Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges and timbers.
- Mark cutting lines on material, using pencil or scriber.
- Erect forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes, using tools, plumb rule and level.
- Install rough door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures, or temporary supports in structure undergoing construction or repairs.
- Examine structural timbers and supports to detect decay, and replace timbers as required, suing hand tools, nuts and bolts.
- Dig or direct digging to post holes and set poles to support structure.
- Completion of High School is required
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Framer