ANNEX COORDINATOR REGULAR PART-TIME
JUNE 13, 2018
Collingwood Neighbourhood House – our mandate…
To promote the well-being of the Collingwood community by providing leadership and working collaboratively with individuals, families, agencies and other groups to develop and support inclusive, innovative, sustainable initiatives and services that respond to the community’s social, educational, economic, health, cultural and recreational needs.
The Annex Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day management of the Collingwood Neighbourhood House Annex. This role involves program coordination of arts and recreation programming as well as working closely with all CNH departments around planning and development of activities at the Annex. This position will be involved with all aspects of Annex management including program planning, development, arts activities and promotions.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Coordinate and plan arts and recreation programs and initiatives at the Annex based on community feedback and in collaboration with Recreation Coordinator and Community Development staff.
- Recruit, hire and manage staff, instructors and volunteers to deliver quality programs at the Annex.
- Assist with day-to-day management of Annex including covering reception during lunch hours as needed.
- Promote Annex programs, initiatives and events both online and in the community in collaboration with CNH Communications Coordinator and Management Team.
- Work in collaboration with other staff including CNH Community Development, Food Security and Recreation teams to develop activities, initiatives and events at the Annex suitable and accessible for residents of Renfrew-Collingwood.
- Actively seek out new arts connections to join the Annex in order to develop the Annex as an Arts-and-Culture Hub.
- Manage budgets and evaluation related to Annex programming.
- Liaise with Management Team to build a strong sense of collaboration among Annex and all CNH staff.
Qualifications and skills:
- Undergraduate degree in related field or a combination of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and oversee community programs.
- Administrative skills.
- Financial management experience including managing different program budgets.
- Strong written, listening and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and leadership skills as well as a collaborative working style.
- Knowledge of relevant community resources, services and networks within Renfrew-Collingwood.
- Ability work in an intercultural environment.
- Ability to work from a decolonising, social justice based perspective.
- Preference given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada
- Second language is an asset
- Familiarity with arts-and-culture community and cultural infrastructure plans in Renfrew-Collingwood is an asset
- Salary: $24.63- $26.13 per hour
- Schedule start: July 2018; 28 hours a week, flexible days but preference for Mon. - Thurs.
*THIS POSITION MAY INCREASE TO 35 HOURS PER WEEK DEPENDING ON FUNDING*
- Location: 3690 Vanness Avenue, Vancouver
As per Collingwood Neighbourhood House’s Human Resources Policies and Procedures, all factors being equal, first priority will be given to internal and local applicants.
SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER BY: Friday, June 29, 5 p.m.
Please quote reference # AD09-18-1
ATTN: Suzanne Liddle, Director of Community Services
Collingwood Neighbourhood House
5288 Joyce St., Vancouver, B.C
c/o Irene Mella, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax No: (604) 451-1191
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted