Job Title : Project Coordinator
Company Name : BC Transplant / Provincial Health Services Authority
Job Location : Vancouver, BC
How To Apply: We invite you to apply by clicking on the link below, then on the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
The only integrated delivery system for organ transplant services in North America, BC Transplant (BCT) is a leading comprehensive health care organization responsible for all aspects of organ donation and transplantation in BC. As part of the Provincial Health Services Authority, our impact can be felt in communities across BC where our specialized health care and outreach services are touching lives every day.
BCT is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Project Coordinator - BC Transplant
Reference # 71559
Regular Full Time
Wage: $25.93 to $34.08 per hour
555 W 12th Avenue
Reporting to the Clinical Operations Manager, Organ Donation and Hospital Development, the Project Coordinator works in collaboration with the Clinical Operations Manager to identify and prioritize projects and is responsible for the coordination of projects relating to provincial and internal programs including the broad areas of knowledge exchange, information dissemination, research and development, and education for internal and external stakeholders. The Project Coordinator is actively involved in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of such projects, and reports back to the manager on each project. The role supports team efforts with internal, external, and provincial partners on ongoing programs and initiatives to improve the designated project objectives and deliverables. Coordinates a diversity of projects of varying size and scope in a complex and changing multidisciplinary environment.
- Coordinates the execution of projects, assuring they are done in an efficient manner, that they adhere to project protocols, that they conform to applicable institutional and ethical policies and procedures and privacy legislation, and that they are completed within the required timelines. May help coordinate staff working on differing aspects of large or complex projects.
- Identifies, collects, and analyzes relevant information relating to current projects, and provides input and recommendations to the Clinical Operations Manager and project/program team for development, implementation, analysis, dissemination of findings, and policy/practice implications.
- Assists with the dissemination of information and knowledge related to projects and key programs and initiatives under the identified mandate areas through a variety of vehicles to internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Actively supports the management and facilitation of time-limited projects and programs to identify best practice-grounded strategies and activities for health professionals, policy/decision makers, and provincial partners.
- In collaboration with health authority partners and the program team, supports and coordinates the implementation of approved recommendations resulting from research, best practice, and policy reviews.
- Provides assistance to evaluative special projects within the Department; liaising with external partners; developing evaluative surveys using web-based survey software; supporting special initiatives and assisting as required.
Education and Experience
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree plus five (5) years recent related experience or equivalent work-related experience in a health, social services, government, or community organization.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of research, quality improvement and clinical practices relevant to the service/program area; health systems and policy; and knowledge exchange.
- Understanding of and practical skills in project coordination/management, research and evaluation.
- Relevant computer software applications including desktop publishing, web content management; internet search engines, websites, and navigation; funding structures and application processes; training and education; policy review and analysis; and facilitation, community development, and partnerships.
- Related experience in conducting literature searches and reviews, best practice reviews, policy analysis, working collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Qualities including: creativity and innovation; sound judgment; tact and diplomacy; ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a demanding and dynamic environment; sound negotiation, conflict management and consensus-building skills; excellent oral and written communications skills.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the link below, then on the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information about the Agency that you are interested in, please visit the website at: www.transplant.bc.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.