Job Title : Cook (NOC: 6322)
Company Name : Star Café Ltd dba Pearl Castle
Job Location : #1782 - 6060 Minoru Blvd., Richmond, B.C. V6Y 2V7
How To Apply: Please send resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Positions available: 2
Employment type: full time, permanent
Salary: C$18/hour, 40 hours per week
Start date of employment: as soon as possible
Qualifications and skills:
- Complete of secondary education.
- Minimum of 3-year commercial Taiwanese cuisine cooking experience
- Ability to make authentic Taiwanese hot dishes such as three cups chicken
- Ability to supervise kitchen staffs with advanced cooking skills.
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours.
- Prepare and cook, fry traditional Taiwanese hot food or individual dishes and foods from the menu.
- Train kitchen helpers in preparation, cooking and handling of food.
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies.
- Improve current menu by adding new traditional Taiwanese hot/cold dishes & recipes.
- Train and supervise junior Cooks to make new dishes.
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas, clean kitchen and work areas.
- Order supplies and equipment.
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- No criminal record.
- Work extra hours when necessary.
- 10 day paid annual leave or 4% gross salary.