As an initial assignment, you will assist in the maintenance and/or troubleshooting of process plant equipment and field facilities. Under the supervision of senior maintenance staff, you will learn safety procedures and maintenance skills through on-the-job experience, supplemented by in house training. Frequent driving on gravel roads is a key component of this position.
- Abiding by all safety rules and standards, reporting hazards and holding responsibility for the safe operation of assigned facilities, a company vehicle and tools assigned to you
- Participating in safety programs and attending training sessions; completing self-development courses
- Executing all work within government regulations and company standards
- Executing specific activities defined within the preventative maintenance program to maintain the integrity of assigned equipment and machinery
- Repairing machinery malfunctions identified through work order system and performing associated plant/field housekeeping
- Demonstrating ability and initiative to improve or modify existing systems or procedures
- Utilize shop tools and equipment and complete predictive maintenance tasks such as vibration monitoring, temperature monitoring etc.
- Assisting in root cause and cost benefit analysis to reduce cost and eliminate recurring problems
- Working together with operations and contract personnel as necessary
- Attending and participating in the maintenance network as required.
- High school diploma or GED is a minimum requirement
- Successful completion of Mechanical Technology or Millwright program or Automotive / Heavy Duty Mechanic Certification
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and a safe driving record
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enable you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continous learning environment – encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
Who we are
As an integrated energy company, we explore for, produce, refine and market products essential to society. Whether it's finding oil and gas, making and selling high-quality petroleum products, or investing in innovative research, our business helps ensure Canada's quality of life and energy future. We are Canada's largest refiner of petroleum products. It’s hard to imagine life without the products manufactured from hydrocarbons. They fuel our economies, heat our homes and make our lives easier and more enjoyable. Like you, we are concerned about the effects on the environment and in 2016 we invested $195 million on research and technology and have access to $1 billion per year of research through our majority shareholder, ExxonMobil.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application Deadline: May 8, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.