Full-time nanny position needed for a young family in Coquitlam, B.C. to care for a 6-year old boy at the employer’s residence. Family is expecting a baby due this August.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help the child to prepare for school (e.g. bathe, dress up and feed the child)
- Preparation of meals including packed lunch and snack for school.
- Bring and pick up child to/from school.
- Help accompany the child with extra-curricular activities e.g. gym classes, art classes and play dates.
- Oversee child’s activities and safety.
- Assist in child’s personal hygiene.
- Read books to the child or make arts/crafts activities.
- Help in maintaining and organizing the child’s bedroom including laundry for the child. May perform minor housekeeping duties.
- Must maintain a safe and positive environment at home.
- Discipline the child according to parents’ instructions/methods.
- 2 years to less than 3 years childcare experience.
- At least 1year experience in caring newborn.
- Must be flexible in working days/schedule. 5 days a week/2 days off. May be required to work split shift or on a weekend in lieu of a weekday off. (30~40 hrs/week)
- Willing to work extended hours in short notice.
- Must have completed a program or course in care-giving or equivalent.
- First Aid and CPR certification is required. (Must watch over the child during and every meal/snack time.) Child is prone to choking.
- Household management is a plus.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- Must be willing to commit to a 2-year contract of employment.
- Non Smoker
- Criminal record/background check and Drug Test required.
Salary and Benefits:
- "Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is not a condition of employment."
- Must have at least 2-3 years full time experience caring for a child for the last 5 years as a nanny.
Underrepresented group are encourage to apply.
Position is needed ASAP. For interested applicants, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and attention it to Aries Allanigue (SMS: 604-376-1172 8:30am-6:30pm)
© 2002 - 2018, Aboriginal Community Career Employment Services Society. All Rights Reserved.
|SITE BY NEWDESIGNNOW|