Job Title : 0195 Payroll Administrator
Company Name : First Nations Health Authority (FNHA)
Job Location : West Vancouver, BC, CA
How To Apply: http://post.talemetry.com/respond.cfm?posting=1000236259&bid=4091
This is an amazing opportunity for a detailed oriented Payroll Administrator to join our trailblazing, first of its kind organization! In the duration of the term, you will gain exposure to all aspects of Payroll, and in conjunction with your team, be responsible for processing payroll and exception time related to leaves, allowances and additional hours for over 600 employees.
The successful candidate will come with a strong focus on process, impeccable time management skills and keen eye for detail. These traits will be key to your success in this role and will aid ensuring all aspects of the payroll cycle are processed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with FNHA, union and government policies, terms and regulations. If this sounds like the experience you’ve been looking for, we would love to hear from you!
As a critical member of the Payroll Team, you will provide assist with day-today Payroll Operations.
• Process all exception hourly earnings, benefits and tax adjustments (i.e. overtime, unpaid leaves, allowances, prior period adjustments, etc.)
• Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees
• Perform bi-weekly audits of employees’ time entry and exception time to ensure accuracy and compliance with organizational leave and overtime policies
• Create employee profile in PeopleSoft Time and Labour module and set up work groups, time codes and work schedules in Time and Labour
• Complete requests for configuration of new earnings and deduction codes in PeopleSoft and test new codes and ensure operational effectiveness in production
• Provide training and direction to employees and department managers on time and attendance processes including PeopleSoft Employee Self Service when it becomes operational
• Prepare and process the records of employment for EI by calculating the required information such as hours worked, amount of entitlements and completing form
• Calculate and process off cycle payroll cheques for adjustments such as terminations, leave of absences, severances and final vacation and overtime payouts
• Process mass and individual retroactive pay adjustments based on payroll analyst calculations.
• Reconcile statutory, benefit, pension and union system related deductions against submissions and provider invoices
• Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions
• Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to payroll processes
• Assist with the establishment and documentation of payroll procedures
• Respond to and address all workforce and supervisory payroll issues and inquiries
• Maintain effective working relationships with internal & external partners
Your Education and Experience gained in a Payroll environment have prepared you for this exciting opportunity.
• Successful completion of secondary school, or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience
• Successful completion of Canadian Payroll Association PCP certification is an asset
• Relevant experience working as a payroll clerk (usually acquired over a 2 year period) using an Enterprise payroll system (PeopleSoft, SAP, JD Edwards)
• Experience working with BC First Nations organizations in a financial capacity
• Experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite of software, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
• Experience with union hourly payroll environment is an asset
• Experience working with time and attendance systems is an asset
Employee Class: Temporary until June 2018 with a possibility to go permanent
Application Deadline: March 25, 2018 at 4:00pm