Job Title : 1147 Senior Specialist, Learning & Development
Company Name : First Nations Health Authority (FNHA)
Job Location : West Vancouver, BC, CA
How To Apply: http://post.talemetry.com/respond.cfm?posting=1000236260&bid=4091
Your passion and your calling is in the profession of learning and development. You do your best work and thrive when given the opportunity to develop, facilitate and implement projects and programs that educate, guide and improve performance and employee experience.
In this role, you will facilitate and project manage the development and delivery of technical and complex training programs; on-boarding initiatives and offerings; performance partnership initiatives; and transformation and innovative programs and projects. You will maintain a working knowledge of best practices, cutting edge approaches, and processes across the spectrum of talent management solutions in anticipation of the organization’s needs.
You are looking for an exciting opportunity to be a key contributor and leader as part of an evolving and unique ‘first of its kind’ health services organization that is designing and implementing an innovative Learning and Development strategy.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Project manages one-time or limited time learning initiatives / projects of moderate complexity to advanced, including scope, planning, communication, implementation, budget management, and measurement;
• Develops and executes communication plans regarding learning services and initiatives, including planning for the launch of new learning services and the collection of ongoing feedback regarding learning services and initiatives;
• Develops and implements organization-wide projects/programs that create and foster a healthy and engaging environment that enables personal excellence and achieves FNHA’s vision of "Health through Wellness";
• Serves as an advisor and technical expert regarding learning & development, employee engagement, and talent management to human resources department and organization-wide leadership;
• Assists in areas of organizational learning needs assessment and analysis; uses the information provided to build integrated organizational learning services; evaluates programs and seeks ongoing opportunities for continuous improvement;
• Builds and develops competency models and facilitates implementation and acceptance throughout the organization;
• Acts as a resource, responding to inquiries regarding learning needs and learning services;
• Liaises with external consultants and other providers as required;
• Conducts data analysis and interpretation of key metrics (program attendance, evaluations, etc.) to support the measurement of results for core learning programs and uses data to identify opportunities to make improvements as required;
• Provides input to development of goals and learning and development strategies. Collaborates with Director Learning and Development on development of plans and tactics for programs and services;
• Mentors and/or coaches other learning and development team members including Learning and Development Specialist(s) and HR Associate(s), and provides expertise and guidance;
• Provides ongoing oversight and to ensure the delivery of annual performance management tools ("Performance Partnerships"), and activities. Including support an environment of open communication and feedback between employees and immediate supervisors to ensure the development of employees and promote a collaborative high-performance culture. Ensures tools and processes to support Non-Union and Union employee groups;
• Under the direction of the Director Learning and Development, and in partnership with senior management, HR colleagues, the Communications Department and external consultants, leads Employee Engagement survey activities. Provides results analysis and identifies improvement opportunities; and facilitates change management initiatives at the organizational, divisional and departmental level;
• Under the direction of the Director Learning and Development, supports the planning and deployment of organization-wide employee experience activities and initiatives (for example, Family Gathering);
• Participates in vendor selection and management to establish strong partnerships;
• Aligns and ensures consistent employee branding approach across all learning and development products and programming;
• Designs and directs onboarding programming, materials, and initiatives;
• Recommends and develops standards, practices and methods to support the sustainability of programs and initiatives;
• Leads research and analysis of best practices, identifies opportunities to incorporate into existing or new programs, and make related recommendations. Includes identifying and leveraging technology, online resources, and specialized tools to optimize program delivery;
• Participates on and presents to internal FNHA committees;
• Provides technical guidance to HR, ensuring that administrative aspects of the learning and development program are carried out accurately and within designated timelines;
• Facilitates training delivery, provides team facilitations and/or oversees training delivery facilitated by external service providers;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
As an HR professional with a proven track record of making outstanding contributions, your education and experiences have prepared you for this opportunity. Specifics include:
• Bachelor’s degree in HR, Adult Education, Business or related field required.
• Master’s Degree an asset.
• Completion of Provincial Instructor Diploma is an asset.
• Certified Training & Development Professional (CTDP) or Certified Training Practitioner (CTP) and/or Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation.
• Psychometric certifications an asset.
• Overall 7+ years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 4 years of Talent Management, Organizational Development, Learning and Development, Leadership Development and/or related Human Resource experience.
• Experience in an Indigenous setting is an asset.
• Demonstrated experience in managing vendors, including vendor selection, contract negotiation, governance and SLA management.
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: March 21, 2018 at 4:00pm