Job Title: Book-keeper
NOC Code: 1231/1311
Term of Employment: Full Time, Permanent
Positions Available: 1
Wages: $23 / hour (37.5 hours per week)
Work Experience: 2 to less than 3 years of relevant experience
Minimum Education: High School
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Basic bookkeeping (A/R, A/P), preferably in QuickBooks desktop
• Prepare journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations, bank deposits, financial statements, working papers for audit and tax filings as necessary
• Preparation and submission of for the filing of GST, PST, Payroll Remittance, Record of Employment, and T4 slips
• Prepare tax returns and perform other personal bookkeeping services
• Process employee payroll, and expense reports
• Oversee the Maintenance of books of account (including but not limited to preparing cheques, posting invoices, preparing deposits, journal entries, reconciliations, petty cash) and issuing of cheques / payment of invoices
• Liaise with project staff and support them in book-keeping needs related to their program areas
• Maintain up-to-date, complete and systematic filing system to support book-keeping and financial records
• Prepare any statistical, financial and accounting reports as required
• High School with some diploma/courses in accounting, bookkeeping or related field.
• 2 to less than 3 years of relevant bookkeeping experience.
• Proficient both in oral and written communication in English
• Proficiency in MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel
• Proficient working with Quick Books, Accounting Software, Simply Accounting
• Essential Skills: Document use, numeracy, working with orders, journal entries
• Problem solving, decision making, critical thinking
• Job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory, finding information, continuous learning
• Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
Qualified candidates please respond by email with your cover letter and updated resume.
No phone calls please.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Youth, Visible Minorities, Indigenous people, Person with disabilities, Veterans of Canadian Armed force, First Nation, Aboriginals, Seniors and newcomers to Canada with the above listed skills are welcome to apply.