How To Apply: To apply, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to us to our business mailing address at 2280 Commercial Dr., Vancouver, BC V5N 4B5 with reference number 6322.
Underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, would be acceptable.
Jamjar – Folk Lebanese Food (http://www.jamjaronthedrive.com/)located in Vancouver BC is seeking a full-time Line Cook. It’s a permanent full-time position, $14/hour + gratuities with 4% paid vacation, and 35 - 40 hours/week (day, evening, night, weekend, overtime). Overtimes are paid at 1,5 rate for hours exceeding 40 hours in any given week. Employment location: 2280 Commercial Dr., Vancouver, BC V5N 4B5.
We offer extended health benefits.
Start date: As soon as possible
Job duties and responsibilities
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes according to company recipes.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to company recipes using various kitchen equipment;
- Wash, cut, chop and peel ingredients;
- Slice vegetables, meats and bread products, and portion them appropriately;
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food;
- Maintain inventory of food, supplies and equipment;
- Monitor and order supplies as required;
- Ensure all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest qualify;
- Communicate effectively with other kitchen staff;
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices.
- Precook necessary ingredients as well as pre-assemble dishes and ingredients with appropriate portions;
- Must have completed high school;
- Must have at least 1.5 year of commercial cooking experience;
- Must be able to multi-task and plan ahead.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision and in a very fast-paced environment;
- Must be able to speak in English;
- Must have a good communication and organization skills.