Renaissance Kids is a vibrant, creative and joyful place that is focused on nurturing and developing the whole child. Our unique and specialized programs, while rooted in the fine arts, follow a strong academic curriculum. We work with 12-month old infants to 6-year old children. We currently have full-time positions available and are also in need of regular substitutes with flexible days/hours.
Please see our website: www.renaissancekids.ca
Business address: 1--12491 No 2 Road Richmond, BC V7E 2G3
Estimated Start Date: ASAP!
- Develop and implement educational experiences that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
- Provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Knowledge of licensing regulations
- Establish and maintain expectations for child behaviour
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
- Discuss progress and problems of children with Program Coordinator
- Assist in daily record keeping (behaviour/attendance)
- Maintain learning materials in good condition
- ECE license or ECE-A certificate is required
- Experience: Previous experience is an asset but not a requirement
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Well developed interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication in English
Starting Salary: $17.00 to $ 18.00 hourly -- 40 hours per week (full-time applicants)
Benefits for full-time employees: Extended Health Benefits, 2 weeks of paid vacation, excellent opportunities for professional growth. Benefits provided after completion of a probationary period of 3 months.
Work schedule is typically from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with a half-hour unpaid break, Monday to Friday. Weekends off.
Canadian residents, new immigrants, youth, people with disability and Aboriginal people are all welcome to apply.