Company: Elite Farm Services Ltd.
Business Location: Unit 6 – 8465 Harvard Pl, Chilliwack, BC, V2P 7Z5
Work Location: 41785 South Sumas Rd Chilliwack, BC V2R 4K6 (Shop address).Employees will work in different locations throughout Fraser Valley in BC.
Business information: We provide the labor/service (on a contract basis) of loading poultry into modules which are then shipped off to the plant (Lilydale)
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Education: Not required
- Experience: Not required (Training will be provided on-site)
- Must be able to work within a very dirty and very dusty environment while inside the bird barns
- Must be able to work in a dark environment with a head light and under very limited lighting conditions while inside the bird barns.
- Must be able to work in an environment of very unpleasant and acidic ordure’s produced from Chicken excrement’s within the barn and the surrounding areas of the Farm
- Must not have any type of allergies to the materials used within and around the bird barns/Farms; e.g. Hay and woodchip products used on the barns floor for bedding, Chicken feathers, and Chicken feces / acidic odors.
- Must be able to work under hot temperatures within the bird barns
- Must be able to sit / bend in all directions / stand on flat and uneven surfaces/ be inside in closed arrears for extended periods of time while catching the birds
- Must be able to withstand the extreme Canadian winter weather conditions, while traveling to and from farm to farm, and or while helping to load the Transport Trucks on the outside of the farms.
- Ability to work at heights of up to and including 2.5 meters (8 feet) and or higher by a few feet
- Function under repetitive movement of certain parts of the palms, fingers, wrist, hand, lower arm, upper arm, shoulder and back movements, while bending the top half part of the body over for prolonged periods of time.
- Remain Drug and Alcohol Free to perform in a safety sensitive functional position.
- Prolonged concentration is required while catching the Chickens to ensure that they are not injured during this process
- Position requires standing intermittently up to 6 to 7 hours and it requires sitting 1 to 3 hours intervals while traveling to the different Farms
- Position requires lifting Up to 16-20 kilograms 8-9kg per hand
- Required to work in closed areas with the confines of the farms bird barns.
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 per hour, 40.00 Hours per week
Benefits: We will provide appropriate equipment for the job (gloves, masks, coveralls). Transportation will be provided to and from the job site(s).
Important Information: This position runs only at night. Schedule is from 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM, work days are from Sunday to Thursday. (Work hours depend on time the plant schedules the first truck to be at the farm, and how many birds are to be loaded that specific night)
© 2002 - 2018, Aboriginal Community Career Employment Services Society. All Rights Reserved.
|SITE BY NEWDESIGNNOW|