We are looking for an experienced Senior Systems Administrator to join our growing team! Reporting to the IT Manager, this role will support the BC First Nations Health Authority (FNHA) by being responsible for the overall administration and technical support of FNHA infrastructure.
This is your chance to be a part our high-functioning Core-Technology team, working closely with database and operating system administrators, programmers, and analysts to ensure effective data security, integrity, and recoverability procedures. If the challenge of creating standards and procedures for variety of operational, functional and technical elements of system administration excites and motivates you, then we would love to hear from you!
As Senior Systems Administrator you will be accountable variety of tasks including:
* Designs, implements and manages overall administration of (a) FNHA Data Centre, (b) FNHA Fail-Over site, (c) Backup and (d) Virtual Infrastructures by monitoring system performance, configuration, and maintenance and applying industry best practices.
* Develop and implement procedures, programs and documentation for (a) backup and restoration of host operating systems, (b) host-based applications, (c) backup tape retention and (d) off-site storage
* Establishes and implements guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the host computer operating systems, disk arrays, tape libraries and other components
* Plans, manages and deploys revisions to host system firmware and software
* Continuously review systems and related support activities with vendors to ensure completion of agreed upon deliverables within the Statement of Work scope, and within established time and budget while meeting quality standards and the FNHA standards
* Collaborates with vendors to develop implementation plans for new systems and applications, define custom scripts, and test procedures to ensure their operational reliability, and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize impacts on the customer organizations
* Leads problem-solving efforts that often involve internal and external stakeholders, including vendors, and provides troubleshooting support, as required
* Provides third level technical support, for systems related issues in collaboration with other IT professionals and users
* Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems
* Performs continuous system monitoring, verifying integrity and availability of hardware and server resources, mission critical systems and key processes, reviewing system application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled backups to comply with FNHA business continuity plans
* Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse
* Plans and executes the implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration
* Develops tools, procedures, and training sessions for Operations, Client Support and Systems Development staff
* Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for FNHA to take advantage of new technology
* Provides on-the-job guidance and technical advice to lower level system administrators in resolving day-to-day operational issues and complex system issues
* Provides advance level technical support by developing action plans and completing the installation and configuration of servers for other FNHA software
* Performs other related duties as assigned
Your Education and Experience gained in a system administration environment have prepared you for this challenging opportunity.
* University degree in the field of computer science or management information systems or a related discipline, plus 5 to 7 years related specialized experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Achievement of Microsoft MCSA, MCSE or other related certifications
* Significant, recent and relevant experience in a senior technical analytical position responsible for managing server environments
* Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware and associated network equipment, including SCSI, RAID, and I/O topology
* Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools
* Experience with TCP/IP and Windows network protocols, firewall management, and operating system configuration
* Experience selecting and managing multiple hardware and software vendors
* Experienced in planning and execution of routine and emergency maintenance and repair
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: November 24, 2017 at 4:00pm