Company Name : Rio Brazilian Steakhouse
Job Location : 2729 Barnet Highway, Coquitlam, BC V3E1K9
How To Apply: Application Process:
Please apply by email to this posting to email@example.com
In-person at 2729 Barnet Highway Coquitlam, BC V3E 1K9 from 17:00 to 18:00 on Mondays and Tuesdays
We welcome applications from Indigenous persons, youth, new immigrants, and persons with disabilities
We are looking for a Full-Time Cook to prepare food to the Chef’s specifications for a busy Brazilian Steakhouse in Coquitlam, BC. We are looking to fill evening shifts on weekdays and weekends. The cook's duties will consist of assisting the chef with their daily tasks and being fully active on the line during busy operation. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff. Answer, report and follow chef’s instructions.
- Will require to open and close on rotations.
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces and other food items in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment according to restaurants standardized recipes. Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly. Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period during busy operation.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment. Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food at closing
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and guests.
- May perform other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- 7-months to 1-year of cooking experience in a busy restaurant setting
- Works well under pressure
- Flexible and works with positive attitutde
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks are very important
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures in particular around Steaks and various meat food items.
- Experience with South American/Latin American/Brazilian and/or steakhouse cuisine
$14.00 CAD PER HOUR, 40 hours per week