Job Title : 354 Nursing Practice Consultant (1 Year Term)
Company Name : First Nations Health Authority (FNHA)
Job Location : Vancouver, BC, CA
How To Apply: http://post.talemetry.com/respond.cfm?posting=1000206611&bid=4091
Is it time for a change? If you’re ready to push yourself and your career to new levels, you should consider the First Nations Health Authority, where you can be a part of shaping the lives of First Nations People in British Columbia as well as the overall history for Canadians! Our Nursing Practice Consultant works on exciting projects including industry leading efforts like providing clinical expertise in remote nursing stations, catering and creating learning plans based on remote conditions, and providing an ongoing program of assessment to ensure standards of practice and clinical competencies are being maintained by FNHA nurses.
Uncertainty and flexibility are a must for this role! Our NPC’s have a love for travel, culture and traditions, working independently in isolation, and have excellent judgment. If you are interested in learning and gaining valuable experience while having the ability to travel throughout BC and experience all that beautiful BC has to offer, then right now is the perfect time for you to apply.
1. Plans, implements, and evaluates general clinical and community health nursing orientation programs to meet the needs of new nurses in First Nations communities, and to support public health program operations.
2. Provides clinical expertise to nurses to assist them in providing safe and competent nursing care, in the areas of primary health care, health promotion, health protection, disease and injury prevention, and treatment services to clients, including individuals, families, communities, and populations.
3. Serves as an expert resource, and provides clinical support with respect to community health nursing knowledge and skills development for nursing staff, mentorship nurses, student nurses, and other health care personnel.
4. Provides clinical advice and assistance to nursing staff in primary health clinical settings, and provides regular clinical information on clinical care through in-services, case conferencing, conferences, and training sessions.
5. Performs ongoing assessment to ensure standards of practice and clinical competencies are maintained by First Nations Health Authority nursing employees to promote excellence in nursing practice.
6. Participates in the development and implementation of a preceptorship and/or mentoring program for new graduate nurses and student nurses. Ensures the Registered Nurse Association of British Columbia Standards of Practice are met by student nurses and new graduates to the profession.
7. Contributes to the development of materials for nursing education, orientation, training, certification, and evaluation of nursing practice.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from a recognized university. Three (3) years of experience in community and/or public health nursing providing clinical practice support and education to nurses.
• Remote Certified Practice with the College of Registered Nurses’ of British Columbia (CRNBC) is an asset. Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
• Current CPR course for Health Care Providers (HCP).
Employee Class: Temporary
Application Deadline: October 20, 2017 at 4:00pm