Title: Branch Manager
Term of Employment: Full-time, permanent
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Experience: 2-3 years of experience
Education: High school
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.,) not required.
Wages: $26.00-$28.00 /hourly, 37.5 hours per week
Work Conditions: Day, Evening, Weekends
Company Address: 7319 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC V3W 5A8
0920955 B.C. Ltd. DBA Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Canada Inc. is seeking for a professional Branch Manager for their Surrey location. The ideal candidate would be a reliable self-starter with strong management skills and exceptional client relation skills. A team leader who takes pride in their work, a proven ability to train, motivates and supervise others to achieve established goals, sales and revenue. In this role, the Branch Manager is accountable for the following tasks:
• Develop and execute an effective marketing plan and procedures to improve the success of the branch
• Oversee the daily operation and sales functions of the branch
• Conduct sales calls and face-to-face presentations in order to obtain new business.
• Continue to increase the market penetration of the branch and revenue
• Ensure a daily physical fleet check is carried out and anomies rectified
• Ensure that branch procedural manuals and branch information files are current.
• Ensure that daily and weekly rental receipts are audited and cross referenced with rental agreements.
• Prepare, review various daily branch and associate reports; initiate and recommend goals and actions.
• Hire and train or arrange for the training of new Sales staff.
• Training and supervising sales and service associates and management trainees
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment remains calm under pressure, manage priorities and maintain a positive attitude with strong work ethic.
• Hold monthly staff meetings to keep employees motivated and informed of the business operations.
• Maintain productive working relationship with current accounts.
• Preform other duties as required by the Agency Operator
• Strong emphasis on selling to maintain the productivity of sales and revenue.
• Resolve Customer issues, concerns or inquiries in a professional manner and make decisions independently.
• Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in car rental
• Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license and an excellent driving record
• Ability to drive multiple types of vehicles (automatic)
• Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• Must be able to carry out additional duties and responsibilities due to operational needs
• Must have the ability to work flexible schedules, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as required.
Essential Skills; Reading text, document use, numeracy, writing, communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory, finding information, computer use, continuous learning.