Job Title : Level “C” Building Manager
Company Name : Lu’ma Native Housing Society
How To Apply: Please submit resume and hand written covering letter to:
Lu’ma Native Housing Society Hiring Committee
Level “C” Building Manager Competition
2960 Nanaimo Street
Vancouver, BC V5N 5G3
Please include 3 current references (please include full contact name, title, organization and current phone number).
Posting deadline: Thursday, July 27, 2017
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to Aboriginal applicants. CC: COPE 378 – internal/external Posting
Lu’ma Native Housing Society is seeking to fill the position of Level “C” Building Manager on a full time basis.
Under the direct supervision of the maintenance coordinator or designate, the Level C Manager will be responsible for the general upkeep of two (2) family housing complexes.
- Regular interior and exterior building cleaning and maintenance;
- Building Maintenance repairs including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, general repairs, general appliance repairs, painting, and drywall repairs;
- Resolve or note a tenant request for maintenance;
- Check emergency systems monthly/annually with annual maintenance contractor and maintain accurate ledgers of services for the review of Fire Marshall, city officials, insurance company etc.;
- Deliver various notices to tenants including time sensitive notices or other as requested by society;
- Maintain positive tenant relations, document and report all complaints to the appropriate person in a timely manner;
- Perform tenant move-in and move-out reports when required;
- Respond to on-call 24 hours for emergency on a rotating basis;
- Submit detailed written reports immediately following an extraordinary incident:
- Provide authorized contractors/persons access to the building;
- Report safety / security items to Maintenance Coordinator; and
- Ensure general safety and security within buildings; answer emergency calls and/or notify police, confirm same to the Tenant Relations Supervisor.
- Have current working knowledge of Residential Tenancy Act and Residential Tenancy Agreement;
- Knowledge or training in building trades;
- Must provide an excellent Class 5 driver’s abstract and proof of ownership and suitable insurance for vehicle;
- Must provide a clean criminal records search for vulnerable sector and be bondable;
- Ability to write and speak English proficiently.
Hours and Remuneration:
- Full time position 35 hours/week Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
- Participate on a call 24 hour emergency rotating shift; and
- Wages as per union scale with a starting wage of $23.23 and benefits after 6 months.