Job Title : 0692 Manager, Population Health & Wellness (2 Vacancies)
Company Name : First Nations Health Authority (FNHA)
Job Location : West Vancouver, BC, CA
How To Apply: http://post.talemetry.com/respond.cfm?posting=1000181851&bid=4091
If you are looking to make a difference in the Health and Wellness of BC First Nations, this is the perfect opportunity for you! Your high level of expertise and experience working with and for First Nations Communities as well as Senior Leadership have prepared you well for this important strategic role.
Providing executive level support to our Chief/Deputy Chief Medical Officers, you will work with a core team to provide subject matter expertise in upstream and holistic thinking in the areas of public and population health by adopting innovative approaches to health and wellness. This exciting role will provide the opportunity to lead and strategize ways to create and transform the framework for population health and wellness for First Nations in BC!
As Manager, Population Health & Wellness you will be accountable objectives that have a high impact throughout the organization.
• Lead, plan, and provide expertise in the development, implementation and sustainability of a comprehensive population health monitoring strategy that supports the strategic leadership of the CMO.
• Manage projects for the Office of the CMO from initiation to close including engagements, planning, resourcing, budgeting, risk and decision management, monitoring, control and evaluation.
• Develops, builds and maintains key CMO partnerships (regional, provincial and academic) to help inform, support and lead strategic partnership initiatives and the advancement of the CMO mandate.
• Project manage First Nations Health and Wellness Status Reports in partnership with the Provincial Health Office.
• Liaise with the Health Surveillance unit to ensure alignment and collaboration.
• Support key strategic partnerships to support FNHA’s and CMO’s data, information and intelligence needs.
• Lead the development of ideas and enriching discussions around CMO policy matters.
• Identifies issues and risks, recommends solutions to the CMO, and implement solutions that were agreed and approved by the CMO.
• Lead in the development and preparation of strategic papers, briefing and concept notes and advice options with recommended actions to the CMO.
• Oversee and monitor CMO’s agreements and commitments to ensure follow up actions are addressed promptly and effectively.
• Provide executive support to the core functions of the Office of CMO by undertaking the development of Office of the CMO plans and strategies, and developing and delivering progress and evaluation reports, proposals and presentations, and leading and/or participating in project teams and working groups, including facilitation of strategic team meetings, partnership meetings and other events.
• Participate in selection, and training and development, and coaching of team members; as well as provides input/recommendations to CMO on team members’ performance assessment, recognition and rewards.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Your experiences have prepared you for this opportunity to be a key contributor in our organization. Specifics include:
• A Bachelor’s degree, preferably health related or relevant combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with First Nations communities and leadership. Significant, recent and relevant experience in strategic policy analysis, development and implementation and strategic planning (usually acquired over a period of 5 to 7 years) preferably in the health field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably within the context of First Nations health.
• Experience in community engagement or consultative processes.
• Experience in project management.
• Experience working in a team setting.
Employee Class: Temporary (1 Year Mat Leave Coverage)
Application Deadline: June 28, 2017 at 4:00pm