Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 6
NOC Group: Truck Drivers (7411)
NOC Job Title: Driver, Long Haul
7976 122 Street
Surrey, British Columbia
V3W 3S7 Canada
Number of Hours: 40 hours per week, over time to start after 60 hours a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts.
- Input "Marcos" into automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policy and procedures.
- Maneuver truck into loading and unloading positions.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Report defects, accidents or violations.
- Communicate with dispatchers, other drivers and customers.
- Record amount and type of cargo being delivered on an electronic logging device.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- On the job training will be provided.
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
- Driver License (class 1 or AZ, Air Breaks Endorsement).
- Adaptability to foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions, etc.)
- Problem solving
- Job task planning
- Organizing skills
- Significant memory
How to Apply:
Contact: Gurmeet Singh